FALL OPEN AUDITIONS
August 27, 2022: 5-9 PM
First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Arlington
Hear dozens of local singers present 4 minutes of their best opera and oratorio repertoire!
- Any organization leader, director, conductor, composer, or artist manager may attend BSR auditions. You do not need to be a member of Boston Singers' Resource to audit BSR auditions.
- Attending organizations, directors, composers and managers do not need to be New England residents.
- All audition participants must pre-register with Boston Singers Resource (Deadline is one week prior to each audition for inclusion in the printed program).
- Auditor Fee: Free/organizational members; $25/individual members; $45/non-members. When we receive your registration we will invoice you the appropriate fee based on your membership status.
- The audition day will include refreshments (Covid-19 permitting), a headshot/resume book, and a program of participating organizations.
- About the performers: These auditions are for New England resident solo classical singers. Singers are given 4 minutes to present themselves in whatever way they feel is best. Excerpts of pieces are allowed. This will be strictly timed. Literature performed will be from the standard opera, oratorio repertoire. All communications, negotiations and call-backs following the BSR audition take place directly between the performers and the organizations. Invitational (pre-selected) auditions are held bi-annually Singers for the invitational audition are chosen by a panel of vocal/musical leaders from the Greater Boston area. The next Invitational audition will be held in 2023.
- Each organization should be present for all of the singer auditions. If an individual auditor cannot attend for the entire day, please kindly provide a second representative to hear all of the singers.
- Each organization may send up to two representatives.
- BSR will be setting up a livestream for auditors who wish to attend but cannot be there in person.
For questions and more information, please email email@example.com