BSR seeks a part-time Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Associate to join our staff. The DEI Associate will advise on internal processes and on BSR’s advocacy in the wider arts community.
- Evaluate BSR’s programs and processes; suggest improvements to increase diversity, equity and inclusion and to promote anti-racism
- Curate a web page of DEI resources on the BSR website
- Collaborate with Programs Associate on program planning and implementation as appropriate
- Participate in online staff meetings every other week
- Evaluate the local classical singing community for areas where BSR can provide unique resources and advocacy for artists of color, possibly including development of a classical singers of color affinity group
- Research compensation practices in local classical singing and collaborate with BSR staff to develop resources to advocate for just compensation
- Represent BSR at events as appropriate
The DEI Associate will work with the Executive Director. This is a work-at-home position. Compensation is $200/month, plus free BSR membership and participation in workshops and auditions if desired. The position will begin September 1 with prioritization of the initiatives listed above. Opportunity for first evaluation after four months (January 2021).
Workload: 3-4 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to economic and creative justice with particular interest in promoting racial justice
- Willingness to form relationships and partnerships with other arts professionals and organizations
- Familiarity with the mission of Boston Singers’ Resource and with the local classical vocal music scene
- Analytical skills to critique programs /practices
- Willingness to have potentially difficult conversations
- Ability to work independently, set and meet deadlines, and initiate projects
BSR History and Mission:
Established in 2001 as one of the most important networking tools for New England musicians, Boston Singers' Resource is a fully incorporated 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Its purpose is to support the New England classical singing community by providing educational, promotional and career service resources to New England classical singers, vocal organizations and to the general public. BSR currently provides this artistic support through its extensive website (www.BostonSingersResource.org), weekly Vocal Music Calendar emails; daily member announcements, professional development workshops and live audition opportunities.
Please send letter of interest to Margaret Felice, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boston Singers’ Resource does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or religion.