BSR seeks a part-time Programs Associate to join our staff. The Programs Associate will develop, implement and promote programs including continuing education, auditions, online resources, and other programs that support New England's classical singing community.
Responsibilities to include:
- Envision and implement 1-2 educational programs per month in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Identify and contact clinicians and guest artists
- Draft and distribute promotional materials for events
- Host virtual events using BSR Zoom account
- Arrange all aspects of live events
- Manage day-of logistics (with assistance from other staff when needed)
- Schedule auditions
- Prepare audition materials
- Manage onsite operations
Vocal Music Calendar:
- Gather, review and add posts to the calendar
- Edit the calendar when required
- Recruit contributors on specific topics, in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Post entries
- Promote entries using email marketing and social media
- Collaborate with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Associate to promote diversity, equity and inclusion in programs
- Collaborate with Membership Outreach Coordinator to enhance BSR member benefits and encourage community members to join BSR
- Represent BSR at events as appropriate
- Participate in online staff meetings every other week
- Envision and implement community-building and musical programs for BSR
- Assist with fundraising campaigns
- Other tasks as assigned
The Programs Associate will work with the Executive Director. This is a work-at-home position. Compensation is $350/month, plus free BSR membership and free participation in auditions or other BSR activities if desired.
Workload: 6-8 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to upholding the goals and values of BSR's Cultural Equity Statement.
- Willingness to form relationships and partnerships with other arts professionals and organizations.
- Familiarity with the mission of Boston Singers’ Resource and with the local classical vocal music scene.
- Understanding of the classical vocal arts.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Canva, Zoom, Mailchimp, social media platforms and the BSR website editor.
- Excellent writing, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, set and meet deadlines, and initiate projects.
BSR History and Mission:
Established in 2001 as one of the most important networking tools for New England musicians, Boston Singers' Resource is a fully incorporated 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Its purpose is to support the New England classical singing community by providing educational, promotional and career service resources to New England classical singers, vocal organizations and to the general public. BSR currently provides this artistic support through its extensive website (www.BostonSingersResource.org), weekly Vocal Music Calendar emails; daily member announcements, professional development workshops and live audition opportunities.
Please send letter of interest by Monday, July 12 to Margaret Felice, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boston Singers’ Resource does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or religion.